| From: | Tamela and Jim Elswick (awesomenurse@hotmail.com) You moved this message to its current location. |
| Sent: | Fri 11/22/13 9:10 AM |
| To: | AJ and Rhonda Sharpe (asharpe0433@yahoo.com); Alison Bryant (alatorre_1@yahoo.com); Amanda Chapman (mandabear_x3@yahoo.com); Andrea Holley (acresofgracefarm@gmail.com); April Smith (asmith@whitesvillesb.com); April Treadway (dansetzies_momma@yahoo.com); Barbara Christian (barnhar13@aol.com); BeBe Cole (eaglehearttf@netscape.net); Brittany Chase (brittanyrn09@yahoo.com); Cara Nelson (caranelson@agfwv.org); Caspia Shepherd (clsheppard@suddenlink.net); Chris Herron (chrisherron@agfwv.org); Christina Harrell (christinaluigi@yahoo.com); Cindy Elkins (lovebeingamommy@suddenlink.net); Danny silverringthing (dcdancer121@aol.com); Deana Samms (deanasamms@gmail.com); Debbie Jarmin (atoothpicker@ec.rr.com); Donna Roberts (dtunebug@suddenlink.net); Doug & Karla Mudfork (holypiano8@wirefire.com); hollie hill (hollienhill82@suddenlink.net); Huey Watkins (hubert.watkins@ymail.com); Janie Belcher (jbelcher@psc.state.wv.us); Jennifer Elswick (jenniferloveelswick@yahoo.com); jessica cooper (smfreak101@hotmail.com); Joanna Riggs (riggs.joanna@hotmail.com); Kassie Osborne (kassieosborne@yahoo.com); Kaylie Webb (kaylie2009@yahoo.com); Kellie Overton (kellie_overton@yahoo.com); Kristina Isaacs (kristina.isaacs@gmail.com); LaDonna Cooper (ccooper46@suddenlink.net); Les & Sandy Vance - Mudfork (lesandsandy@suddenlink.net); Leslie silverringthing (leslie.did@gmail.com); Lexie Elswick (lexieelswick5@hotmail.com); Linda Massey (massey96@suddenlink.net); Lindsay McMullen (lindsaydmcmullen@yahoo.com); Melissa Dale (melissadayle10@yahoo.com); Michelle Daniels (m68e66@aol.com); Rebecca Keeney (sbkeeney@hotmail.com); Rhonda Bays (sweet_single_n_blessed@yahoo.com); Rob and Tammy Webb (rwebb74@frontier.com); Robin Strickland (robin.r.strickland@wv.gov); Sheila Woodard (junebug7655@aol.com); Steve&Linda Ray (steveray1@sbcglobal.net); Tara Boggs (tboggs@bbjlc.com); Tara Holstein (deholstein@suddenlink.net); Tara Smith (teegle71@aol.com); Teresa (firefighter80007@yahoo.com); Tiffany Aliff (tiffany.aliff@gmail.com); vicki mae (angel40angel@hotmail.com) |
1 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. 3 Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. 4 Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man’s brother I will require the life of man.
6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood,
By man his blood shall be shed,
For in the image of God
He made man.
7 “As for you, be fruitful and multiply;
Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.”
Be fruitful and multiply! We have likely all heard that a time or two.
"The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth" . . . into your hand they are given. Maybe all the animals were easier to put in the ark because before this statement, the fear hadn't been placed in them for man at all. Maybe.
Here, man is given of all the animals to eat. I am interested to note when that changes later, because it was a big deal in the new testament when they were again allowed to eat whatever. I wonder what made the difference, why God changed the "rule" and then back again. (Sometimes a "wonder why" mind leads to "squirrel!" moments)
God is also serious about man shedding another man's blood.
I think it is interesting that His reasoning for this seriousness is that we are made by Him in His image.
I wonder if it is more because we are made by Him, therefore shouldn't be "unmade" by anyone other than Him. Or, if it is more because we are made in His image, and should be appreciated as His creation period.
Also, it makes me doubly sure that I should treat anyone I have contact with in such as way as to honor that fact that they were created in His image by Him, even if they aren't living up to my expectations at the moment.
It is obviously a wondering, rambling day of study. I need no answers today, but have many questions.
Lord, please let Your word reveal You to us in the way You desire. In Jesus Name - amen
No comments:
Post a Comment