Show this message...
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.
He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created
When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth.
Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters.
So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died.
Ok, so here again we are told that Adam was made in the likeness of God. I think that it is an important note to make. Then, when we are speaking of Seth, we are told that Seth was in the likeness of Adam. This seems to suggest that we are made in the likeness of God as sons are made in the likeness of their fathers. So my son doesn't look exactly like my husband, but he sure couldn't deny that he was his. He has similar features, he has his father's eyes, his hair, and his confidence. Now, I have 4 naturally born children who could inherit characteristics of their father. Each one has a different mix of his characteristics. Since we are all made in the image and likeness of God, I assume God to have some similar form to man.
I have always thought it weird that men in Genesis lived to be more than nine-hundred years. Later in this book, I think God puts a limit on us. I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading it at some point. We will watch for it as we read on.
Lord, please let us see You in Your word. Help us to find You as we seek. Please give us Your wisdom to apply Your word to our lives and live in the full freedom of our relationship with You. Thank You for Your word, for the instruction manual, for the love letter, for the history, for the way to know You better. Thank You for preserving it through time and allowing us to own it freely in our homes. Please help those who seek You to be able to find Your word, read it, memorize it. Please help those who have difficulty obtaining Your word to safely receive it and be able to read it over and over. Thank You for that privilege.
In Jesus Name - amen

No comments:
Post a Comment