22 “While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
And cold and heat,
And summer and winter,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”
It is truly important to read the Bible through, in it's entirety, for ourselves. I have learned so much already and we are only 8 chapters in!
The very first thing Noah does is give a burnt offering to the Lord. It seems weird to me, but it was the way it was. I am assuming that the animals reproduced while on the ark or he wouldn't been able to offer any of them up for fear of losing the species. The Lord responded to his sacrifice, his recognition of God in his moment, with a promise for EVERYONE, not just Noah.
So, it is possible that my simple act of obedience may change the situation for other people. My simple act of recognizing God and thanking him, may go on to bless someone other than myself. Hmmmmm, how important is my walk with God.
OK. Also, AGAIN I learn the importance of reading from the word. Teaching children from children's books is great but being simplified means things are sometimes left out. I may have read this before, but it never sank in: God did not just promise that He would not flood the earth again. He promised to never again destroy every living thing. He also promised that while the earth remains, we would have seasons and planting and harvest and day and night. So, not only can I rest in the promise that He will not flood it all, but that He will maintain the seasons and the day and the night. That until this Earth passes away, some things are just going to be.
It doesn't make them something to worship, but it makes Him someone to worship. How much better and more full is that promise than just "I won't flood the earth again."
Thank You Lord for the assurances You give us in Your word. Thank You that Your promises are Yes and Amen. Thank You for this (I think) first promise. You are amazing, and Holy, righteous, and worthy of all my praise. You are worthy of ALL of me, ALL of my obedience, ALL of my devotion, ALL of my love and ALL of my life. You alone are worthy of that kind of devotion. Thank You for Your promises. Thank You for the written and freely available word.
In Jesus Name - amen
My Bible mentor noted: the first promise is in chapter 3, the promise of a seed - which would be Jesus
and the clean animals were taken in 7s providing for the sacrifice.
Thanks for good leadership!
No comments:
Post a Comment