Monday, May 19, 2014

Genesis 8:1-5

 But God remembered Noah and all the beasts and all the cattle that were with him in the ark; and God caused a wind to pass over the earth, and the water subsided. Also the fountains of the deep and the floodgates of the sky were closed, and the rain from the sky was restrained; and the water receded steadily from the earth, and at the end of one hundred and fifty days the water decreased. In the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. The water decreased steadily until the tenth month; in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains became visible.
 
 
So, two and a half months after the Ark hit the top of Ararat, the tops of other mountains were visible.
 
Right now, I feel very small and of very little faith.  You see, I think a day or two is a long time to wait for God to move in a situation, let me know that He is still there.  I am a decided member of the mircrowave society.  No slow cooker mentality here! 
 
Now, in reality I am probably more of the 30 minute meal kind of girl.  But, one thing is for certain - I would have been antsy after One hundred and fifty days.  Then after hitting the top of Ararat, I would have been even more antsy for the next two and a half months sitting there, wobbling around on the top of the tallest mountain, staring out at endless expanses of water.  With a boat full of noisy, stinky animals who would much rather have been out in the grass.  Never mind the whining I would have done in the storm. 
 
I am just being honest.  I have had to wait a half a year for answers, resolution etc for a situation I was in and praying so earnestly for.  It was a very difficult 6 months.  I whined a lot!  But, in the end, God did answer my prayer and move in the situation.  I had moments along the way that God sent things to encourage me. 
 
So, was the top of Ararat an encouragement to Noah?  You know, kind of "See Noah, there is still land under this water.  I am working on this for you." 
 
I also think it interesting that the Bible states it as:  God remembered Noah.
 
I am sure God didn't forget Noah, the only one who found favor in His sight on the whole planet.  But, maybe God thought to encourage his obedient and faithful servant. 
 
I see God's love in the encouragement of Noah, and the encouragement of my own situations. 
I am still in awe daily that he loves me in my whiny state.  He is encouraging me to whine less and trust more.  Partly by reminding me that He didn't leave Noah without encouragement.  He won't forget me either.
 
Hope that helps someone.
 
(A friend reminded me that, when I have to, I wait.  I prayed for 24 years for my husband's salvation, and it was worth the wait)

No comments:

Post a Comment