| From: | Tamela and Jim Elswick (awesomenurse@hotmail.com) You moved this message to its current location. |
| Sent: | Fri 9/13/13 10:02 AM |
| To: | AJ and Rhonda Sharpe (asharpe0433@yahoo.com); Alison Bryant (alatorre_1@yahoo.com); Amanda Chapman (mandabear_x3@yahoo.com); Andrea Holley (acresofgracefarm@gmail.com); April Smith (asmith@whitesvillesb.com); April Treadway (dansetzies_momma@yahoo.com); Barbara Christian (barbchristian@agfwv.org); BeBe Cole (eaglehearttf@netscape.net); Brittany Chase (brittanyrn09@yahoo.com); Cara Nelson (caranelson@agfwv.org); Caspia Shepherd (clsheppard@suddenlink.net); Chris Herron (chrisherron@agfwv.org); Christina Harrell (christinaluigi@yahoo.com); Cindy Elkins (lovebeingamommy@suddenlink.net); Danny silverringthing (dcdancer121@aol.com); Deana Samms (deanasamms@gmail.com); Debbie Jarmin (atoothpicker@ec.rr.com); Donna Roberts (dtunebug@suddenlink.net); Doug & Karla Mudfork (holypiano8@wirefire.com); hollie hill (hollienhill82@suddenlink.net); Janie Belcher (jbelcher@psc.state.wv.us); Jennifer Elswick (jenniferloveelswick@yahoo.com); jessica cooper (smfreak101@hotmail.com); Joanna Riggs (riggs.joanna@hotmail.com); Kassie Osborne (kassieosborne@yahoo.com); Kaylie Webb (kaylie2009@yahoo.com); Kellie Overton (kellie_overton@yahoo.com); Kristina Isaacs (kristina.isaacs@gmail.com); LaDonna Cooper (ccooper46@suddenlink.net); Les & Sandy Vance - Mudfork (lesandsandy@suddenlink.net); Leslie silverringthing (leslie.did@gmail.com); Lexie Elswick (lexieelswick5@hotmail.com); Linda Massey (massey96@suddenlink.net); Lindsay McMullen (lindsaydmcmullen@yahoo.com); Melissa Dale (melissadayle10@yahoo.com); Michelle Daniels (m68e66@aol.com); Rebecca Keeney (sbkeeney@hotmail.com); Rhonda Bays (sweet_single_n_blessed@yahoo.com); Rob and Tammy Webb (rwebb74@frontier.com); Robin Strickland (robin.r.strickland@wv.gov); Sheila Woodard (junebug7655@aol.com); Steve&Linda Ray (steveray1@sbcglobal.net); Tara Boggs (tboggs@bbjlc.com); Tara Holstein (deholstein@suddenlink.net); Tara Smith (teegle71@aol.com); Teresa (firefighter80007@yahoo.com); Tiffany Aliff (tiffany.aliff@gmail.com); vicki mae (angel40angel@hotmail.com) |
The LORD God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this,
Cursed are you more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you will go,
And dust you will eat
All the days of your life;
“Because you have done this,
Cursed are you more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you will go,
And dust you will eat
All the days of your life;
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”
To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you."
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you."
Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’;
Cursed is the ground because of you;
In toil you will eat of it
All the days of your life.
Cursed is the ground because of you;
In toil you will eat of it
All the days of your life.
“Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you;
And you will eat the plants of the field;
And you will eat the plants of the field;
By the sweat of your face
You will eat bread,
Till you return to the ground,
Because from it you were taken;
For you are dust,
And to dust you shall return.”
You will eat bread,
Till you return to the ground,
Because from it you were taken;
For you are dust,
And to dust you shall return.”
Well, I just have lots of things to say and questions about this!
First: I cease to feel bad when I punish my children. In retrospect, should have given a little stiffer punishments. God sure didn't go lightly when he was punishing Adam and Eve concerning their sin. He didn't kill them either, just made life difficult.
Second: I have a heard a rather "different" doctrine concerning the enmity between Eve and the serpent's seed. I understand where it came from, but don't see it playing out all the way through the rest of Genesis. Just a personal observation.
Third: I see where the verse comes from that we use at funeral services.
Fourth: I see where the beginning of the "man's the head of the house" comes from. We are not even out of Genesis yet. I know it has been abused, I know it has been misunderstood, I know it has been misrepresented - often; but it does say that the man will rule over the woman. Do with that what you will.
Fifth: I know who to fuss at when I am wading through poison ivy attempting to trim my hillside or weed my flower bed. I know who to fuss at when I am sweating, which I don't like to do at all!
None of this is terribly spiritual, just observation. God is not soft on sin, we should not be either as parents.
I don't know if this helps anyone else, but it is helping me. I learn this way, so if I can help someone else - great!
Love y'all
Lord, please help us rightly divide Your word and apply it to our lives. Please teach us Your ways and give us Your wisdom. In Jesus name - amen
No comments:
Post a Comment