Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Genesis 10:1-5

 Now these are the records of the generations of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah; and sons were born to them after the flood.
The sons of Japheth were Gomer and Magog and Madai and Javan and Tubal and Meshech and Tiras. The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz and Riphath and Togarmah. The sons of Javan were Elishah and Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim. From these the coastlands of the nations were separated into their lands, every one according to his language, according to their families, into their nations.
 
 
 
I don't know if you all get tired of me having more questions than answers, but I just write what I write.  That's how I have to study.  I try to get some of them answered.
 
First:  So, it goes Noah, Japeth, Javan, then Elishah.  Is this THE Elishah?  If so, I now have more respect for the begats.  It gives me an idea of time.
 
Now, they were separated from just these?  According to their language?  They have been on a boat together for a long time, wouldn't they speak the same language?  Apparently not.  Maybe they spread out to populate the earth and grew apart and grew into different languages?  I don't know, my Bible scholar friends are going to have to help me with this one.

Maybe this is answered in a later chapter.  Either way, we continue
 
We are looking at several generations away from the Ark so maybe the language difference developed over time.   I might forward this one to a preacher friend for information.
 
 
Lord, please help us to find You in Your word.  Please help us to understand what we need and be changed into a closer likeness of Christ. 
 
In Jesus Name - amen
 
footnote:  This isn't THE Elisha.  That much I did get answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment