vs. 6 Then God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."
God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.
God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
OK. Now let me get this straight. The expanse that seperates the waters here from the waters above is called heaven. So there are waters above heaven? I guess I missed that somehow.
Heaven is just above us. It is what seperates us from "the waters above". I wonder what the waters above are? Interesting. I may peek around to see what other people think about this.
Apparently after a very brief look there are divergent opinions. Some consider this clouds with heaven between earth and the atmospheric clouds somehow. Others consider space as heaven and questions where these waters are being held above space. Interesting but not tripping me up. Maybe as we read on, this question will be addressed. Or, maybe it will be answered much later. Either way, there ya go.
Lord, it isn't much to read tonight. Thank You for Your word, for giving me the prompting to start this. I pray that You will give me Your wisdom as I seek to walk through Your word with my heart open to You. I pray that You would keep me close to You, guide me and please share Your wisdom with all who are studying. In Jesus Name amen
No comments:
Post a Comment